Friday, March 9, 2012

Any thoughts on DESTRUCTION'S new 2011 album "Day of Reckoning"?

(for those unfamiliar with the band, they were part of the "Unholy Trinity" of Teutonic thrash, with the much better known and discussed Kreator and Sodom. Yet at least around here they seem to have gone the way of Anthrax, as no one seems to talk about them)



Was released in Europe back on February 18th... as usual, here in the USA, we get to wait an extra month.. *rolls eyes*



They promised a return to a more Brutal, raw and Turbulent style compared to DEVOLUTION (thankfully they seem to be serious from the tracks I have heard) and as a plus note for me, my favorite modern Thrash guitarist OL DRAKE of EVILE plays several harmony parts and contributes many of the solos on the album.



Armageddonizer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUIbQMoJL鈥?/a>

Hate is my Fuel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2m-kTWS鈥?/a>

Stand Up and Shout (Bonus Track- Dio cover, w/ Ol Drake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPN6ECFBk鈥?/a>



MQ- Thunks?

BQ- Since I don't have the physical album here yet, does anyone know WHICH tracks Ol Drake actually played on?



BQ2- Why is it that Kreator and Sodom get all the Attention?Any thoughts on DESTRUCTION'S new 2011 album "Day of Reckoning"?
MA: sounds pretty good, Destruction were always a good band...and i enjoyed their last album as well. Hate is my fuel is a good song...i have no idea if Ol Drake plays on this song, but it almost has an Evile like sound to it



***one thing that has slowed down my Destruction playing is they were supposed to play here a year or two ago and cancelled cause they didn't like the stage or something....left a sour taste in my mouth and never really got back into listening to their stuff because of it.



BA: sorry, this is the first i've heard, so dont know either



BA: good question. I know Leprosy always promotes Destruction over the other two here on y/a....but I always find its Kreater that gets the most attention, the other two take a side step....but for me, Sodom is my fav as i think htey have abit more variety in their catalogue...for instance, the other two have not been described as Black Metal or Death Metal, but Sodom at times have beenAny thoughts on DESTRUCTION'S new 2011 album "Day of Reckoning"?
I can't wait to hear The new destruction album. I hope its good. They were never my favorite Teutonic thrash band but I always liked em.



BQ: ?

BQ2: not sure why kreator and sodom always get all the attention. Destruction should be recognized more.Any thoughts on DESTRUCTION'S new 2011 album "Day of Reckoning"?
MA: Destruction was always my least favorite of the three German Thrash giants. This stuff seems ok.

BA: Sorry, no.

BA2: To me, because they were better.

No comments:

Post a Comment