Friday, March 9, 2012

How do I get band members?

Hi, I'm a girl using my friends out btw, before I start lol.



I'm eleven and have previously been in two bands. The first was crap and despite six rehearsals we didn't get past the first line because the boys messed around. The one after, we did try, but it didn't work out because the other two guitarists weren't....let's say.....amazing musicians.



I have been looking up the tabs for Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana, but I can only play the solo, verse and pre-chorus, not the intro and chorus. I have been racking my brains for other people to be in my band.



My friend who played in the last band I was in will be the back-up singer, because our voices go together. I will be "guitar two" and lead-singer. I need a main guitarist, bass and drummer.



Because it will be hard to move the drum-kit, we will need a drummer who is willing to have rehearsals at his house. We also will need a good bassist and guitarist. I can't think of anyone for drummer or bass, though I have a boy in mind for guitar.



He is a year younger than me and plays in the brass band with me. He is on Grade two guitar, and as I'm one Grade one and can nearly play the intro and chorus, I reckon he will be able to. We both play tuba and I get along with him, and I could get his number, but I just don't know whether to ask him. We're not "friends" as such, but not enemies.



How do I get a bassist and drummer? Should I put posters out or will that be lame? What about notes through people's doors? I'm only eleven, what should I do?



Thanks xxHow do I get band members?
You're eleven? o.O Well I can see that you're really eager about it! I was in a band with some close friends, but there were some other bands at my school who advertised by putting posters around school. I would not recommend putting posters up outside school and I would certainly not recommend putting notes through people's doors.
  • dp dough
  • online puzzle games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment